ECCD adaptation at Samteling ECCD center
The ABS project officials at Sarpang Dzongkhag had started with the Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) adaptation at Samteling ECCD in the month of February. The objective of this adaptation is to have a model ECCD center in the existing ECCD center so that all children including children with disabilities can access the facilities. ABS would like to thank Dzongkhag Education Officer, focal person of ABS (DHO) principal, Samteling ECCD facilitators and all parents who are helping in adapting the facilities.
• Ramp construction completed
• Replaced window glasses
• Repaired window frames and doors
• Painted window panels and walls
• Repaired drain
• Bought one European toilet and ready for modification
• Planning to either remove the obstacles that are between the doors or make an arch shape from cement for easy access.
• Planning to install railing
ECCD adaptation shall continue as soon as corona virus situation is under control and upon the directives from the government. Similarly other 4 project Dzongkhags (Chukha, Dagana, Punakha and Trashigang) will also start with the adaptation.