The organizational objectives of the ABS are to:
- Create a purpose-built National Facility with Regional level Care Centers staffed with highly qualified care providers;
- Advocate inclusion of persons living with diverse abilities in the Bhutanese Society;
- Ensure accessibility to public facilities and services to widen the opportunities for participation of persons living with moderate to severe diverse abilities in society to their fullest potential;
- Develop the professional skills of ABS’ social workers through training, exchange programmes and educational developments;
- Support families, care givers and families of persons living with moderate to severe diverse abilities through educational and psycho-social support;
- Create network with sister organizations for cooperation and sharing of experiences; and
- Ensure that ABS has sustainable funding and appropriate organizational skills at all levels.